Purchasing / Administrative Assistant
For Sixty-one years, Bonland Industries has been fulfilling our mission of being the premier airside HVAC contractor recognized by our customers and employees as the leader in the industry. Continued expansion means career opportunities and growth potential within the company as demand for our quality services continues to rise.
- Perform duties to operate PC, printers and other standard office equipment in the performance of clerical, administrative and purchasing duties.
- Input, print, e-mail and distribute, to proper department, all purchase orders, change orders and subcontract agreements.
- Type request for quotations, letters, memos and forms.
- Expedite the return of unsigned subcontract agreements and subcontract change orders.
- Research potential vendors. Complete credit applications and ensure acceptable terms. Obtain and record all required documentation to establish a new vendor account.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs. Process daily stock material requisitions. Input daily stock and non-stock receiving into purchasing inventory program, as required.
- Purchase and expedite stock inventory, forms, tools, tool parts, cell phones and accessories, coffee supplies, office supplies, office equipment and maintenance contracts.
- Maintain office supply inventory control and disburse standard stationary inventory items.
- Assist with obtaining quotes and negotiating pricing & terms for purchasing of stock & non-stock items.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery. Verify shipment information and receipt of materials.
- Set up and maintain electronic job files. Maintain all purchasing files consisting of purchase order files, vendor catalog’s, office equipment, forms, open orders and vendor performance and vendor cross references.
- Draft and update purchasing policies and procedures, as required. Assist with monitoring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Answer telephones, take messages or assist party calling. Responsible to perform receptionist duties, as required.
- Monitor AP email mailbox; print invoices/statements received.
- Code invoices and credit card transactions by matching them to purchase orders.
- Verify the correct sales or use tax is being charged on the invoice or credit card transaction.
- Validate legitimacy of invoices and credit card transactions by matching them to purchase orders, delivery receipts, receiving reports or discrepancy reports. Check prices and extension and perform any other tests to insure validity.
- Post invoices and payment to computerized system using correct coding and proper payment terms.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong Organization and Time Management Skills
Preferred, but not required:
- College degree or relative work experience.
Bonland Industries offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click the link below and save the PDF to your local computer.
Any additional instructions will be noted on the PDF itself.
[ EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION ]